Patch Management is a Critical Component of Cybersecurity
Your organization depends on your information technology stack to operate your business and store sensitive information. As a result, the risk of cyberattacks such as ransomware and data breaches potentially crippling your business has increased significantly. One of the most effective ways to mitigate these risks is through the implementation of a comprehensive patch management strategy. But patch management is time-consuming and can be complicated in modern IT environments.
Patch management is the process of identifying, testing, and applying software updates and security patches to an organization's systems and software. These updates and patches address vulnerabilities and security threats that have been identified in the software. Patch management is a never-ending cycle, with new software updates and hotfixes being released frequently for most software publishers.
Here are some key reasons why patch management is so important:
- Cybercriminals often target documented vulnerabilities in software, knowing that many companies do not perform patch management on a frequent basis. By applying patches and updates quickly, organizations can close these vulnerabilities and make it more difficult for cybercriminals to exploit them.
- Patch management helps organizations stay compliant with cyber insurance requirements, industry regulations and government standards. Many regulations and standards require organizations to implement and then demonstrate reasonable and appropriate security controls, including patch management.
- Regular patching helps to ensure that software is up-to-date and functioning properly. This can improve the performance and stability of systems, which can help to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
At Ballast Services, we understand the importance of patch management. That's why we offer our Secure Workstation solution that organizations to stay protected and compliant, while also improving the performance and stability of their systems.
Our Secure Workstation Service includes:
- Automated software patch management
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Remote Monitoring and Management tools
- Advanced threat protection
- Automated Rollback recovery from ransomware infection
- Compliance reporting
Modernize, Optimize, Stabilize, and Secure your organization today. Contact us at 813-568-9011, visit our website at https://ballastservices.com, or click on Get In Touch to speak with us today.